On this pilgrimage we will...
Put the spirit at the center, and seek to discover/recover the inward knowledge that our joy and liberation arises from our following the voice/God.
Walk with humility, knowing that God’s intentions may not be clear to us, using this spacious opportunity for discernment and reflection to hear where we may be called next.
Live the life of the spirit, which is lived through love. We will treat one another and those we encounter with the respect and dignity each deserves: this is nonviolence in action and speech.
Protect the sacredness of shared silence, on portions of the walk and at other times. And honor the times when we choose to refrain from using technology.
Encourage each of us to express our own physical, emotional and spiritual needs, and be willing to attend to one another's needs with care.
Let our lives speak, rather than a plethora of signs and banners.
Listen to how the spirit may speak through all of us, and respect the leadership team’s decisions.
- For pilgrims planning to join us just for 1 day, please plan to provide your own food and join us most evenings at 6:30 for the community potluck.
- For pilgrims joining us for multiple days, breakfast, lunch, and dinner will be provided. Please bring personal snacks. Please indicate on the logistics form your dietary restrictions and we’ll do our best to accommodate all needs.
- If you live along the pipeline route, please invite your friends, fellow activists, congregation, and anyone else to the community potluck each evening!
We are grateful to churches and other organizations for opening their doors to our pilgrims. We have made arrangements with churches and Friends Meetinghouses along our route to arrange for housing. Please note that living conditions during the pilgrimage will be sparse—we will be sleeping on the floor and showers will in most cases not be available. There may be opportunities to swim.
We will have at least one support vehicle accompanying our pilgrimage to give a lift to weary pilgrims, transport gear, provide us with lunch en route and shuttle people back where needed to their cars at the end of the day.
Please pack lightly to help manage the limited space we will have in the support vehicle for everyone’s belongings.
- Comfortable walking shoes
- A bag large enough to accommodate your gear
- A small day pack to take things with you for the day
- Rain coat and pants
- Warm jacket
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping mat
- Small Pillow
- Change of clothes
- Ear plugs
- Bible or other devotional reading
- Head lamp/flashlight
- Personal snacks
- Bowl, cup, and utensils
- Swimming suit and towel
- Sunscreen & repellent
- Please do not bring signs or banners
- 7:00am: Wake-Ups
- 7:30-8:00am: Breakfast
- 8:00-8:30am: Pack and clean
- 8:30-9:00am: Songs and announcements
- 9:00-9:30am: Morning worship
- 9:30am – around 5:00pm: Walking (with lunch break)
- 6:30pm – 8:00pm: Community potluck
- 8:00pm – 9:30pm: Evening program / worship / affinity groups / singing
- Walk to Raymond
- Stop along the way at West Epping Friends Meetinghouse
- Lodging: Raymond United Methodist Church, 51 Main St, Raymond
- Distance: 12.5 miles
- Walk to Auburn
- Lodging: Longmeadow United Church of Christ in Auburn, 4 Wilsons Crossing Rd, Auburn
- Distance: 10.5 miles
- Walk to Manchester
- Lodging: Brookside Congregational Church in Manchester (possible public meeting), 2013 Elm St, Manchester
- Distance: 9.5 miles
- Walk to Hooksett
- Lodging: Hooksett Congregational Church, 5 Veterans Dr, Hooksett
- Distance: 8 miles
- Depart Hooksett at 8:00am
- Walk to Merrimack Power Station in Bow (4 miles),
97 River Rd, Bow
- Worship and nonviolent witness at power station at 10:00am
- Following the witness, some people will walk or drive on to Concord (7 miles)
- Worship, meal, and brief early evening session open to public at St Paul’s Episcopal Church, around the corner from state house, from 5:30pm to 7:30pm
- Overnight hospitality available in area homes Saturday night
- Distance: 11 miles
- Worship, lunch, wrap-up at Concord Friends Meeting, Canterbury
Total pilgrimage walking distance: 70 miles
Google Map URL: https://goo.gl/maps/PDk4ujevyin